Maths Knowledge/Strategy Reflection

Maths Knowledge/Strategy Reflection


What was the strategy/knowledge that you were learning?
The strategy I used was to add/subtract using Place Value, Tidy Number/Reversibility
with whole numbers.


How well did you use the strategy/knowledge? Give an example
I used the strategy really well because I used tidy numbers with a sheet where I got 80/80.
E.G 432 + ? = 1000. 432 tidied up to 440, tidied up by 8. 440 tidied up to 500, tidied up by 60.
500 tidied up to 1000, tidied up by 500. 500 + 60 + 8 = 568 so 432 + 568 = 1000.
Another reason is that I can work out a question with tidy numbers in 3-4 secs.


What challenges/ mistakes helped you with this new strategy/knowledge?
The challenge/mistake I made was when I was 200 off from an answer.


This helped me because now I know to really pay attention to a question.









Comments

  1. We like how you have used the place value add/sub strategy correctly, including for decimals, by separating your numbers into places.Next time try challenging yourself with numbers that have more decimal places eg hundredths and thousandths.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Information Report

Traditional Gathering and Harvesting of Kai