Giving Quality Feedback



GIVING QUALITY FEEDBACK


WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO COMMENT ON PEOPLES BLOGS?
It is important to comment on other people's blogs so they can improve and feel like they are meeting the success criteria.


What is the FIRST step in giving feedback?
The first step in giving feedback is T. To inform the blogger of something that you like. For example: I really like that you used a lot of adjectives. Another example of that is Your work shows that you have been listening during writing groups because I saw some complex sentences in there.


Why is it important to follow this step (in green)?
It is important to follow the first step, T, so the blogger can feel a large wave of confidence rush over them. Another reason is so they can feel good about themselves and become motivated to continue.


Do I have to do this step every time?
Yes, I do have to do that step every time because if you just do the negatives then the person might feel a bit discouraged.


What are the SECOND two options in giving feedback (both in orange)?
The second two options are to ask the blogger a question and to give the blogger a positive suggestion. An example for A is did you consider adding a bit more detail on the third question. An example for G is don't forget to have the I's talking about you a capital.


Why is it important to follow these steps?
It is important to follow these steps so you can learn from the feedback that you give and so the other person learns from the feedback. If you give vague feedback like don't do that or spell better, the person will feel confused because you haven't been specific. That's why you use T.A.G.


Do I have to do both in orange?
No, I must choose between asking a question or giving the blogger a positive suggestion.


WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GIVE QUALITY FEEDBACK?
It is important to give quality feedback so the person can improve. Example: The monorail was
awesome. After feedback: The monorail was awesome because it was going so fast it felt like I
was about to fall off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information Report

Traditional Gathering and Harvesting of Kai