Sharp Reading - Using "I think that means"
When using the “I think that means” strategy, what do you have to do?
During the use of the 'I think that means' strategy, you must convince
your audience that you understand the sentence and to do that you
need to put the sentence into your own words whilst reading fluently.
During the use of the 'I think that means' strategy, you must convince
your audience that you understand the sentence and to do that you
need to put the sentence into your own words whilst reading fluently.
Write an “ITTM” for the following sentences:
It was a bright summer's morning and Lou had just finished milking the cow.
I think that means it was a normal morning for Lou and she completed the
task of getting a creamy product from an animal that gives dairy products.
task of getting a creamy product from an animal that gives dairy products.
Lou stood in the middle of the room with a huge smile on her face.
I think that means she was looking at her dad dash outside and her
look expressed her entire emotion of happiness.
look expressed her entire emotion of happiness.
I really like your ITTM description of how Lou was feeling. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThomas, you are making good progress with the strategy “ITTM”. Your next step is to make sure you explain all parts of the actual sentence for your audience.
ReplyDelete